* Architecture: The Francis Gregory Library by Adjaye Associates
Posted by the editors on Saturday, 28 July 2012
Architecture: The Francis Gregory Library by Adjaye Associates: “..A chequered facade of timber and glass surrounds one of two new neighbourhood libraries by Adjaye Associates to open in Washington DC..Behind the glass outer skin, the chunky timber boxes give depth to the walls and create a row of window seats at the base. A floating roof overhangs the walls and shelters a plaid-patterned ceiling of glazing above a double height atrium..Located within the Fort Davis Park in the east of the city, the Francis Gregory Library contains reading areas for adults, children and teenagers, as well as a public meeting room and a series of conference rooms..” Interesting form and graphism; contextual sensibility, interesting interior volumes and details..
See our posts on other work by Adjaye Associates:
- Residential Architecture: Sugar Hill Housing by David Adjaye Associates
- Architecture: Moscow School of Management by Adjaye Associates & AB Studios
- Architecture: Rivington Place by Adjaye Associates
- Residential Architecture: Sunken House by Adjaye Associates
- Genesis by David Adjaye at Design Miami/Basel
See our post on London 2012 Olympics architecture with photos by Edmund Sumner: Architecture: Slideshow: London 2012 Olympic architecture photographed by Edmund Sumner.
image: Edmund Sumner; article: Dezeen