Residential Architecture: Brown Bar House by Resolution: 4 Architecture: ”..Located amidst the scenic trees, The Brown Bar aka lost river modern is a modern cabin in the woods with the amenities of a home. Two hours west of Washington D.C. in scenic Lost River, West Virginia, the cabin has a master bedroom, bath and living space on the main level along with a secondary bedroom, bath and media room downstairs. The single bar typology is 16’ wide by 64’ long and is the largest module the factory can produce, thus maximizing utilization of the factory..Set into the side of a wooded ridge on a concrete foundation the home boasts walls of glass, which extend into the tree canopy. The Brown Bar’s spare lines and perfect natural setting leave only light, sound and space vying for attention..Program: Bedrooms: 3, Baths: 2, Features: Media Room, Exterior Deck; Materials: Exterior: Cedar Siding, Cement Board, Ipe Decks, Cedar Railings; Interior: Maple Cabinets, Bamboo Floors, Caesarstone Countertops, Slate Bathroom Floors..” Modest, but charming prefab home; extensive glazing, clerestory windows, natural light, nature views; wood cladding and other significant wood elements, tasteful and simple interior decoration with numerous mid-century classics..
See our posts on five other homes by Resolution: 4 Architecture (RES4):
- Residential Architecture: House on Chesapeake Bay by Resolution: 4 Architecture
- Residential Architecture: Vermont Cabin by Resolution: 4 Architecture (RES4)
- Residential Architecture: House on Fire Island by Resolution: 4 Architecture (RES4)
- Residential Architecture: Lake Iosco House by RES4
- Residential Architecture: Swingline by Resolution: 4 Architecture
image: © Chris Brown; article: Arthitectural