* Architecture: The Blade – Yongsan International Business District by Dominique Perrault
Posted by the editors on Wednesday, 16 May 2012
Architecture: The Blade – Yongsan International Business District by Dominique Perrault: “..a 300 meter high tower positioned within the future dream hub yongsan international business district. the structure establishes itself in as a geographical landmark. its silhouette and shape is not a square or round building but a rhomboid prism, arranged in a way to make it look dynamic depending on the angle of approach. it is slender in shape with sharp edges contrasting the urban landscape. the edifice is in a dialogue of light and reflections with the neighboring skyscrapers as its facade fragments and reconstructs the perspective like an optical instrument. the skin of the tower is clad with glass, which allows the exterior to release luminous halos which envelop the outline of the structure. this vibration creates a sense that the architecture is living, transforming itself with the movements of the sun and the changes of light..” Mixed-use glass-clad office tower..
See other posts on projects by Dominique Perrault:
- Residential Architecture: La Liberté by Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Architecture: Arganzuela Footbridge by Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Architecture: DC Towers I + II by Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Architecture: Citylights – Campus du Pont de Sèvres by Dominique Perrault